Jyväskylä Festival 2016, Allsång på Teltta
Jyväskylä Festival has been organised since 1956. The multi-arts event is the province’s most important festival attracting more than 30,000 visitors annually.
In a nutshell
- The oldest city festival in Finland. This year organized for the 62nd time.
- Over hundred volunteers help with various tasks. They work at ticket sale, as hosts, security officers, roadies, drivers, personnel in the Tent etc.
Did you know?
- Street program “What are they doing?!” brings colorful performances to city center during the whole festival. At Kompassi (Compass) the main performers of the festival are also interviewed.
- Jyväskylä Festival 2017 offers interesting free program for five days.
- The festival offers various performances of nonverbal theater. Jyväskylä Festival is in cooperation with London International Mime Festival which is the oldest festival in the field. More than hundred masters of nonverbal theater has been brought to Finland by Jyväskylä Festival over the years.
- Jyväskylä Festival is in cooperation also with Spanish event Fira de Teatre Tàrrega.
- Mäki-Matti family park, founded in 1979, was the first family park in Finland.
Check out the announced acts and get your tickets now – welcome!